Kol Isha - Voice of a Woman

Rantings and ruminations in the mid-58th century. Judaism, feminism, nonprofit capacity, foreign policy, neuroscience, synagogue politics, knitting, poetry, music, mosaics and whatever else is eating at my grey matter.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Second Thoughts

It seemed like a good idea at the time. But had I known just how busy I would be by becoming President of my synagogue, I wouldn't have done it. I'm spending several hours per week working on it. It cuts into my limited time with R, and adds to the clutter in my brain about what has to get done. Feels like I never have down time.

I posited a goal with my coach yesterday of getting 20 new volunteers to participate in the synagogue in 2007. That would be amazing. Coach urged me to put it out as a challenge to the board at our meeting next week -- so I will. I'll try to identify some areas where we should target, but will ask the board to do the bulk of that. I still have to re-draft the development plan and outline my remarks for the annual meeting on Sunday.

I've agreed to serve another year term. Mixed feelings. There are plenty of times I just want to chuck it all, cuss out several folks, and go hide under the covers. At the same time I'm committed to the survival and success of the synagogue, so on I go. Will definitely need to work on leadership development this coming year.

No idle hands here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home