Kol Isha - Voice of a Woman

Rantings and ruminations in the mid-58th century. Judaism, feminism, nonprofit capacity, foreign policy, neuroscience, synagogue politics, knitting, poetry, music, mosaics and whatever else is eating at my grey matter.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Bless the Little Ones

I had just arrived at the office, after 1+ hrs on DC area roads -- where it's always road construction season. I was grumpy and tired, dreading getting back to workland.

Then Olivia and her mom came out for their daily walk. Olivia had Dolly and Paddington in her carriage, cool suede pull-ons with pink pom-poms, and a pink hat with flowers and a lilac string bow on top. She was happy to show off everything to me as we stood at the edge of the street in the relative warmth of the early December morning sunlight.

When her mom and I talked, Olivia examined at the pachysandra beneath the cherry trees, inspected the curbsides for twigs or insects, and generally explored around with toddler intensity.

She would come back occasionally to wrap her arms around her mother's legs, getting grounded before heading out once more.

When I turned to go inside, Olivia waved bye-bye, and, imitating me, blew a little kiss.

The day was transformed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home